Under the general guidance of the Lead Data Engineer, quickly and accurately translate concepts and specifications into workable data solutions and implement effectively; ensure consistent and coherent approach to software development; general data platform engineering, maintenance, and bug fixing.
- Awareness of priorities of client-led projects and internally generated tasks
- Endeavour (team and self) to respond to Jira ticket requests within agreed timeframes
- Work with team to develop data products where all components communicate effectively
- Contribute to technology stack and identification of standards for performance management
- Data structure development for transactional systems, data warehouses, and virtual data stores
- Design data integration packages
- Develop reporting architectures, query paths, and transformation processes
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, math, physical science, or equivalent.
- 2+ years’ experience working for a medium or large technology company
- Strong development skills in any ANSI-SQL variant
- Ability to develop in Java, C++, or other C-type language unaided
- Hands-on experience in a no-SQL data persistence system (graph, document, OO, …)
- Good understanding of general math concepts